The Digital Transformation in business: Experience the Solent maritime simulator
A ‘digital transformation in business’ event is being staged at Solent University where IoD members and guests can experience its state-of-the-art maritime simulator which is used to train maritime professionals. It is the UK’s largest ship and port simulation centre and this is your chance to climb aboard.
Many businesses have undergone digital transformations during Covid-19 to enable employees to work remotely, mostly from home, and employers are being urged to work with universities to develop a skilled and digital savvy workforce post-pandemic. IoD Hampshire and Isle of Wight has partnered with Solent University and Hampshire County Council to show how employers can work with universities to develop a highly skilled and digital-first workforce.
Guest speakers will take part in a panel discussion on how digital transformation has been embraced by their organisations. They include:
- Aileen Ryan, Chair of IoD Hampshire and Isle of Wight
- Councillor Rob Humby, Hampshire County Council’s Deputy Leader and Executive Lead Member for Economy, Transport and Environment
- Caroline Walsh, Director at Solent Business School
- Andy Collingwood, Regional Head of Finance for Associated British Ports
- Carey Moore, Regional Director of Corporate and Commercial Banking at NatWest
- Lars Lippuner, Director of the Warsash Maritime School at Solent University, Southampton
During the course of the evening guest speakers will take part in a Q&A panel discussion on how digital transformation has been embraced by their organisations. Please see details of speakers and panellists below, along with the link to book your tickets for this event.
Find out more.